How to share an Instagram Story
- Open Instagram and tap the paper airplane icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the message conversation with the Instagram user who tagged you in their story.
- Tap Add This to Your Story.
- Make any edits and post the story to your own, as you would normally add to your story.
Also, Do You Know How do you share someone else’s story on Instagram?
How do I share someone’s post from Feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
Generally Can you repost other people’s stories on Instagram? You can repost it as a minimalist-looking story, or you can tap on the image to get a preview of the post with the start of the caption. Whichever option you choose, it will automatically tag the person whose content you’re resharing.
Here You Can Watch The Video How to Share Someone’s Instagram Story in your own
Similarly, Share Friends’ Instagram Stories in Your Own Story [How-To]
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Why can’t I share other people’s stories on Instagram?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
How do you share someone’s story on Instagram without being tagged?
Here is how to repost someone’s Story if you have not been tagged:
- Take a screenshot of the Story.
- Crop the screenshot (if you don’t want to see your phone’s interface around the Story)
- Upload the screenshot to your Story, or.
- Use the Photo Sticker option to upload the screenshot to your Story.
Can you share someone’s post to your story?
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
How do you repost a story on Instagram 2021?
To re-share a post on Instagram, you need to:
- Open Instagram.
- Go to the post you want to share to your story.
- Click on the triangle share button beneath the image.
- Select ‘Add post to story.
- Move and resize the picture to your liking, and add any text or stickers you want to add.
Why can’t I share a post to my story?
You cannot share a post to your Story if the Add post to story button is missing. This feature is only available for public profiles. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, the share button will not appear, and you will be unable to proceed.
Why can’t I repost my friends story?
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
Why can’t I repost to my Instagram story?
Now, if the account is public, another thing that can be responsible for the missing ‘Add post to story’ button is the permission to share. That is, the other person might have disabled the ability to let others reshare their Instagram posts to stories. If that is the case, you will not see the button for that account.
Why can’t I repost on Instagram?
Reposting Not Available If you’re using third-party apps to edit and repost photos, videos, and stories, you should check to see if you have the latest version of the app. Go to either the Play Store or App Store, find your reposting app, and look for new updates. Do the same for Instagram.